Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Event

If you watch much TV, you may have seen a preview for a new show on NBC called "The Event." I haven't watched it , but I can tell you that our trip to the pediatrician's office yesterday with the twins can be described as "the event." Getting myself, and two babies ready (with Landon's help of course) was a workout. Our appt was at 11 a.m. and we were up several hours earlier starting morning routines, feeds, diapers, etc. We actually got out the door on time, but by the time we reached the end of our street, Landon realized he forgot his wallet and I forgot my purse. We made it to the doctor office on time. I think I'm so used to just jumping out of my car, slamming the door, cell phone in hand and running into wherever I'm going....Not any longer....No, we became "that family". You know the one...the one that you are waiting on their parking spot, but they have a stroller and 12 kids and 32 bags. Yeah, that was us yesterday. We busted out the double stroller (or the twin limo as I call it) and snapped in two car seats and a diaper bag. We managed to do this while Kaylan and Dylan slept through it all. (Thank God). The pediatrician visit went well for the most part. It was Kaylan's first pedi visit post discharge so we had to go through her history with the doctor (which took a LONG time as you can imagine). When I filled out the new patient paper work, there was a question that said "Has your child ever been hospitalized and if so, what for?" I was tempted to write "see attached" and staple the 40 page file folder I had in my purse.

Kaylan and Dylan turned 4 months yesterday. That means one thing - 4 mth shots at the doctors office. Now, I must say that I've always heard about moms crying when their babies get their shots and how awful it is. I always thought "Well, I've had two babies in the NICU - a couple of shots isn't gonna bother me at all". Um, I would like to apologize for ever having such a thought. I think I cried as much as Dylan and Kaylan did. And the worst part, I had to HOLD THEIR ARMS down while the nurse put 3 needles in their legs. It was the worst, most heart breaking crying I have EVER heard. Landon stood over in the corner and got to be the comforter after the shots while I held down the next one's arms...Ummm.....I told him he can take them to the SIX month shots. That was horrible! All day yesterday Kaylan and Dylan were sleepy, sore and sad. We gave them Tylenol and let them rest most of the day. Today should be better.

Dylan's weight is up to 10 lbs 15 oz (almost 11 lbs) and he's 22 1/8 inches long. Kaylan is 6 lbs 7 oz and 18 inches long. She has only gained an ounce since discharge so we were a little disappointed about that. The dr is having us come back this Friday for another weight check.

I just want to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has prayed us through this time with Kaylan and Dylan being in the NICU for so long. We've closed one chapter and are beginning a new one....but it's still going to be difficult. We will commit to keeping you updated on their progress and we ask that you commit to continuous prayer. We are thankful Kaylan is finally home, but we still have a LONG road ahead. She has home health care coming out twice a week for 3 weeks just do to weight checks...Early Child Intervention will be coming starting this week. We'll be seeing a nutritionist, a pulmonologist, a pediatrician, cardiologist and and opthomologist all within the next 30 days. She's going to be getting a lot of medical care as an outpatient. We need lots of prayers for this new chapter. If she does not gain weight, we'll be right back in the hospital and have feeding tubes put in. We do NOT want that.

Thank you for all the encouragement, cards, letters, blog comments, meals, text messages and phone calls. It helped us survived the last 120 days. Here are some pictures we've taken since Kaylan has been home....Reunited and it feels so good....









6 comments:

Unknown said...

The picture of the two of them in the big bro/lil sis onsies is great! Dylan's lip is all curled like Elvis, and Kaylan's squealing like a crazy fan. :)

Grandma Maco said...

I thought the picture of Dylan learning to whistle was like Kaylan's in the video. What smart babies they are to learn that skill so soon. We love the pictures!! Grandma Maco

Julie Terry said...

i love how she is always awake in EVERY pic! Dylan is konked out and snoozing and she's making up for lost time! She's gonna be fine! She's just tired of missing out!

Melody said...

Oh man, the first trips are hilarious! If you haven't read Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay yet, you've got to! I know, I know...there's no time for reading! But there's this part where she talks about going out and describes it as a circus act. It's hilarious! The first time Randy and I took Noah to the dr. (2 days after we brought him home, so I was still in haze land) we completely forgot his bag. No diapers...nothing. Yall are doing great!

Hillary- Landon and Reagan's mommy said...

I love these pics! They are so adorable. I continue to pray that Kaylan gains the weight she needs to and that the road ahead is healthy and full of amazing times. Let the fun begin!

Anonymous said...

God is good ! I looove my grandbabies. Grandad