Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Is this the famous Kaylan?"

First, let me say, I have completely failed in my commitment to maintain the blog since Kaylan has been home. Apologies for that. I ask for grace as we adjust to this new life with two babies at home. Bear with me...I'll get there. Now that I have that out of the way, here's today's update.  We went to the cardiologist today for Kaylan. Part of her discharge instructions were to see a cardiologist to check on her PDA (heart murmer). Many times, babies with heart murmers need surgery to close the open duct in the heart....other times, the duct simply closes on it's own as the baby grows. As of just a few short weeks ago, an EKG revealed that the PDA was "large to moderate" in size and needed to be watched closely.

Today, no murmer, no PDA. It's closed. Praise God! The cardiologist did an extensive sonogram on Kaylan (side note - kind of ironic to see my baby girl getting a sonogram of her heart...made me think of all the sonograms I had while she and Dylan were in me). Anyway, the doctor did another EKG and really spent a lot of time looking at everything closely. She didn't see or hear the murmer. What a HUGE blessing! She asked that we come back in 3 months simply as a follow up to make sure it's still closed.

While we were there today, the doctor came in and said, "Is this the famous Kaylan I've heard so much about?" (I think Kaylan was some what of a celebrity in the NICU). This cardiologist had looked at many of her EKGs and sonograms while she was in the hospital. Another thing she said (after seeing Dylan), was "Oh, I had no idea she was a twin.". (That's not the first time we've heard that either). Poor Dylan...just sits quietly in the background...along for the ride while sister goes from one doctor to the next.

Today is my first day on the job alone...solo...me verses two babies. Whew...The situation is under control at the moment. Both babies are sleeping peacefully (we'll see if that's still the case by the time I finish this blog). Landon took off work for a week to help when Kaylan came home. He is sooo incredible with the babies and they both just love him. Kaylan can barely take her eyes off of him. I miss his help during the day, but I've got to learn to manage from 8 - 5 on my own ;)

Next up....pulmonologist (lung doctor) for both babies next week. Until then...GO RANGERS!!!





7 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey Jen and Lan...

That is WONDERFUL news...Kaylan just keeps reminding us what a miracle she is! I want to see them real soon! Ya'll should come down to Memaw's soon and we'll introduce them to their new cousin! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you, but at the end of the day, what a reward when you look at those little angels sleeping...Glad everything is going so well...Miss you and love you! Give those babies a kiss from their favorite Aunt Kathy!!!

Hillary- Landon and Reagan's mommy said...

Amen! Reading Kaylan's PDA was gone brought tears to my eyes, both our boys had PDA issues and know it is either a matter of time until it self corrects or you have to go for the alternative, surgery. Whoo hoo Kaylan, you are amazing girl! Jen- I remember they day vividly when Phil went back to work after being home for 3.5 months, I was scared and thought there was no possible way I could do it. But,I quickly found my groove and it wasn't bad, you will find your groove too. When they are both on total meltdown mode just keep telling them and yourself you are doing the best you can! I think of you often and miss those days at home with my boys. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Jenner I am so happy for you guys. I just cant believe they have come this far. You will be a wonderful mother just like yours is.I know Landon will be a great father also. You guys have already proven to everone your faith and belief in God. Keep up the good work. I love you all DAD

Unknown said...

Jenner, What a huge blessing to get these updates! I was waiting for a surgery to start today and ALL of the nurses came over and wanted to know how they are doing. I gave them the most recent update and then showed them the video. They were all crying by the end and we had the best conversation about God's will and how we should submit to it. Your blog has created so many opportunities for me to talk about Christ.

Unfortunately, God's will must be for me to continually lose my contacts in my phone b/c I gave my NEW phone a Dr Pepper bath last weekend. Therefore, please text me with your contacts (Nana, Granddad, Jenner, Landon, Meemaw, Kathy, etc)! ;-)

Love you guys! Thanks for your faith and for allowing us a glimpse into consistency of God.

Uncle Aggie

Unknown said...

I got chills reading this one - what a huge PRAISE!!! I could not BE any happier for y'all. Jen, you look absolutely gorgeous with those babies! Miss you bunches and bunches!

Melody said...

God is good! And your kiddos are too cute!

ourlittlefrenchyfry.blogspot.com said...

Praise the Lord!! So happy to hear the great news about Kaylan's PDA!! That is so amazing!!! The both look great, and I know you guys are just the best with them!!! So happy I can keep watching their progress on here!! Miss those cutie babies!!!!