Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Friday, November 12, 2010

The blog update because both of our moms keep asking us to update it. So there.

When we first started a blog, Jenn and I both agreed that we did not want to blog unless we had something to blog about.  We didn't want to be one of those people that just wrote for the sake of writing.  And fortunately (or unfortunately depending how you look at it), we have had LOTS to blog about since we started writing this blog back in May.   We have enjoyed sharing our lives, pleading for prayers, exclaiming praises and good news, and using this blog as a vehicle to an outlet over the past 6 months.

Thankfully, we have not have had much news to share over the past couple of weeks.  Things have been fairly uneventful as far as doctor's visits and follow-ups go, so we haven't really had much of our lives to share.  I feel like we were so much more interesting when our life was like a Carnival cruise ship with no engine in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  We were riding the waives and adapting to life as we went day by day.  Now, we have settled into somewhat of a routine, making our lives much less like a J.K. Rowling novel and more like a PBS educational documentary.

That's not to say that day to day life with the twins does not have it's interesting moments.  Here is an email I got from Jenn last week while I was at work:

8 a.m. Dylan crying wanting to eat. 8:30 Kaylan up and wanting to eat. Put both babies back down. Dylan face down asleep on our bed. Kaylan won't go to sleep so I get up and put her in swing. ring ring. It's Cynthia calling to tell me that sometimes it takes up to 3 to 4 mths to get the retro pay but they wouldn't give her any more info they gave me but things should be in process. 11:30 Kaylan SCREAMING ready to eat again. While trying to feed her, my phone rang FOUR TIMES - everyone called me at the same time. First, it was radiology scheduling the swallow study for next Wed. While on the phone with them, my line clicked and it was Pricilla. She wants to wait on swallow study. Thinks its too soon and doesn't want to expose her to the radiation again yet. She does want to watch her eat so I'm gonna go next Thurs and see how she does and then we may schedule study in another couple of weeks. I hang up with her. Phone rings again. This time its Curascript trying to verify shipping info...we get disconnected and then Dr Schochets office calls and said Curiscript said I wouldn't approve the shipping of the Synegis for November. So I call Curascript back and wait on hold forever and finally get someone so I can get them to ship next months vaccine. This is all done while I'm force feeding Kaylan and I'm on speaker phone with everyone. As I'm finishing up with Kaylan, Dylan starts screaming and crying. So, I quickly put Kaylan in swing and go get Dylan (still on phone with Curascript). He's peed ALLLL over our bed and himself and his jammies. So I get off phone with Curascript, get Dylan, take him in nursery (he's crying and very upset)....wipe him off with wet wipe cause there's pee all over him. Change his clothes, heat his bottle, come back in living room and Kaylan has thrown up her entire bottle in the swing. Awesome. so I put down Dylan and go clean her up...gave her a sponge wash off. Now they both need baths tonight. Just finished feeding Dylan and Kaylan is finally back asleep in swing. I'm so glad you made coffee this morning cause I needed it. Dylan is playing on play mat now and sheets are in washing machine.

How is YOUR day going?

Also forgot to say that during all those calls, Dr Blair called to verify tomorrow's appt and Mona called to see about tonight. It's like every person I know called right at 11:45. Melissa also called about bringing dinner. I missed her call. My phone battery is already on yellow. Insane!
We will do our best to do a better job keeping up with this blog.  Here are few pics over the last couple of weeks...






"I thought I left you at the hospital!"

6 comments:

Grandma Maco said...

So there!! Judy and I both thank you. What cute pictures!! And what an appropriate caption under the last pic!

Hillary- Landon and Reagan's mommy said...

I enjoy reading your blogs and also know how hard it is to keep them updated once you have both babes home and don't want to feel like you are blogging just to blog. After reading this blog I found myself shaking my head "yes" because I remember those days where you couldn't win for losing :-) Whoo, it wears you out! I promise it gets easier, just try to enjoy those little moments when one has peed all over and one has thrown up all over because you will blink an they are almost walking. Time needs to slow down when it comes to raising little ones. Take each second of every minute of everyday one step at a time and sleep when you can, everything else can wait! Your babies absolutely adorable! I want to just hug them both!

KATHY said...

SO GLAD YOU FINALLY UPDATED...I MEAN WHAT ELSE DO YOU HAVE TO DO BUT BLOG ALL DAY, JEN? LOL! SERIOUSLY, ALWAYS GLAD TO SEE THE UPDATES SO I CAN SEE HOW THEY ARE PROGRESSING! LOOKS LIKE EVERYTHING IS GOING GREAT! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM (AND OF COURSE MOM AND DAD), IN A FEW WEEKS! LOVE YA'LL!

KATHY

ourlittlefrenchyfry.blogspot.com said...

This post was hilarious!!! They are both getting so big!!

Unknown said...

Well...some of it DOES get better! Some of it goes downhill fast, especially once hormones kick in! ha! You'll think back to these sweet days when you start hearing things like, "I'm NOT disobeying...you just haven't given me a good enough reason to do what you are saying to do yet." or "Why do I have to wear jeans? I know it's only 20 degrees outside, but I'm going to be inside the whole day." or one of my personal favorites... "If I had a way to make my own money and get around town on my own, I really wouldn't need parents."

Regardless, every stage is a blessing! I remember those lovely projectile vomits all over our new couch, and then I realize that in just 4 years, I'll be dropping my firstborn off in Aggieland! As Papa always said, "Time marches on."

We love you guys and are so thankful to see how well the babies are doing. They are a constant testimony to the grace of God. We look forward to seeing you guys over the holidays at some point.

Jud, Jen, "n nem" :-)

Anonymous said...

Este es un maravilloso recurso útil que usted está proporcionando y que le dan gratis ausente en el precio. Me encanta ver los sitios web, que comprenden el valor de proporcionar un recurso de calidad útiles de forma gratuita. Se? S el viejo lo que va, vuelve el programa.