Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Swallow Study for Kaylan

Kaylan is going to be having a swallow study done tomorrow. That means they will give her some barium in her bottle and watch her via an x-ray to see if she has any reflux or if she's aspirating her milk. Hopefully, it won't be a painful procedure. It should give us some insight into why she's not doing well with the bottles so far. They may add some thickeners to her milk to make it go down a little slower. We're praying it's nothing major and that as she gets stronger, she'll catch on to the bottle feeding thing. She's 4 lbs, 6 oz and growing every day! Praise God! She's doing great on the weight gain...now it's just the feeding thing and the oxygen she needs to master.

Additionally, she'll be having another test later this week or next called a VCUG. I won't pretend like I know what that stands for, but basically it's where they put in a catheder and dye and look to see if her kidneys, bladder and uretha are having any problems. Early on, she had a UTI - which is uncommon for small babies, so they just want to make sure things are working properly. Of course they tell us, it could be something very small - or something that requires surgery...something else to pray about! It's always something I swear!

Dylan has another doctor appt tomorrow morning - this time it's for the eye doc. They'll have to dialate his eyes and look at the blood vessels. So far, all of his tests have been normal....please be praying that's still the case with our little man. He's eating like a champ and growing every day...sleeping in his own crib now and really adjusting well at home. Our friend Mona watched Dylan tonight while Landon and I went to see Kaylan...and what an awesome sitter she was! Not only did she take care of D, she emptied the dishwasher and made our bed!! Wow! I think we'll keep her around ;) Although that doesn't say much about my housekeeping lately now does it? ;)

Tomorrow is my official due date. Wow, I never thought that day would get here.....hard to believe our babies are approaching 3 months of age and one is STILL in the hospital. Sigh. We'll get there eventually. Someone said that we would look back on this experience and it would all be a blur....when exactly does that happen?

Here's some prayer requests before you go to sleep tonight (Sarah).

1) Dylan's eye exam
2) Kaylan's swallow study and VCUG test
3) My friend Lainey's little boy Grayson (2 yrs) is having surgery tomorrow...he's a fellow NICU graduate (born at 1 lb also, and Kaylan's future boyfriend). He's one tough little boy and he's got another tough day ahead tomorrow. PLEASE say extra prayers for the Clark family tonight.

Well, I'm off to start the evening shift with Big D - bath, bottles, sleep, repeat. I got to hold both my babies today so all in all, I can't complain. And, how about this weather today? Let's have some more of that please.

Nighty night.












5 comments:

Kathy said...

I was just thinking that God won't put more on you than you can take, but, I know you wish He didn't trust you with so much! We are praying for all the prayer requests, and we know this is just another hurdle you will all come through...Did I see a little smile on Kaylan's face? How precious. I need to come see them again. Glad D-man is doing so well...Keep the faith, you fabulous Fariss family of four!!!!
Love you!
Kathy

Sarah Jane said...

Hehe! Hers better get some hair so she can wear some bows! She is so cute! I can babysit anytime...I clean house too while I babysit...ask Erin!
Lots of prayers tonight...night night! ;)

Hillary- Landon and Reagan's mommy said...

I can vouche for the statement of it will all be a blur....there will come a time when it will be, probably soon after Miss Kaylan is home and you get settled into a new routine. You will later ask youself how did we do it and survive? I look back on the NICU life and it is a blur, which I guess in the grand scheme of things is good. Hange in there and one day this too will all be a blur, I pray for those days to come soon.

Saying my prayers tonight.

Unknown said...

That picture of her is so cute. Lookit the widdle smile. :)

Mona made your bed? Jeez - invasion of privacy much? ;) I'd stop letting her come over. I hear she steals, too.

Good luck on your tests, Kaylan! We're praying for you, sweet girl, every day. And Dylan, you are such a trooper. Hang in there, bud. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a "Mona Lisa" smile.

from Grandma