Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

There's a first time for everything...

Lots of firsts for Miss Kaylan today -- first bottle and first bath. Both went very well. She took almost half the bottle and she quite enjoyed the bath we think. No crying or bradying so that was a relief...and Kaylan did great too....(some of you will get that later).

Anyway, we're on the home stretch with Dylan. He's now completed his third day without any bradys. Keep it up Dylan! We're not sure if they will let us take him home on Thursday or Friday....It will likely be Friday based on what the nurses indicated to us this evening. The night before we take him home, we will "room in" at the hospital. We will be spending the night there and we'll be on full care taking duty. He won't be hooked up to any monitors or anything. He's ours to take care of all night -- with the nurses a few steps away if needed.

I think the panic is starting to set in. You'd think we've had two months to prepare or something! It still seems pretty crazy that he could be here in our home within a few days from now. I wonder if Dylan will comply with our blogging schedule ;-)  We'll have to talk to him about that. Say an extra prayer for Dylan tonight. He had his 2 month immunizations today (FOUR shots!) and he has to pass his car seat study...what's a car seat study you ask? Well...he has to sit in the car seat for 90 minutes while hooked up to the monitors. They check his heart rate, breathing, etc to make sure he can handle sitting at that angle for an extended period of time. Thank God we don't live 90 minutes from the hospital! Let's hope he passes with flying colors. If for some reason, he doesn't pass, they make us take him home in a car bed...which I have no idea what that is. I just know we don't have one. Ha.

I tried to get our house picked up tonight and Landon wants to mow the front yard before Dylan gets home. He doesn't want him to be embarrassed of his front yard and I don't want him thinking he lives in a pig sty. :-)

I put the below picture on Facebook tonight and it generated quite a few hilarious comments. I asked people to come up with a caption for this photo...What do you think Kaylan is thinking?

Here are a few of our favorites:

"Okay, ok, I give up...you caught me red-handed. Yes I did knock him out, but only because of all the stealing. It's pretty clear what's going on here....First all the food which is why his body is twice the size of mine and taking up all the bed, and now he is very obviously a cover stealer. Please mom tell me we have separate beds at home."

"No mommie I swear I didn't feed him anything else...he just got that big, honest."

"Give me all the passy's and no one gets hurt!"

"Don't you go to sleep on me...FOCUS! You told me you would get that paci to me...So exhausting...must have power nap."



















Here's another short little video of K and D. This was taken shortly after the above picture...she was so alert...her expressions are so funny!



First bath pic below...

3 comments:

ourlittlefrenchyfry.blogspot.com said...

I love this post!! So exciting to see them doing SO WELL!!! Dylan better not go home before Friday! I want to make sure I get to see him again!! So happy for you guys...I'm sure you are very ready to start your journey as a family without the company of nurses and doctors all the time. We will miss you a ton up there though! You have been such a tremendous witness and testimony!! See you this weekend!! Darla

Oh....I made Kaylan twelve more bows today! I'll bring them with me on Friday!! :o)

Unknown said...

I can't top those captions. I won't even try. I love all the pictures of them. It's amazing what big strides they've both made just recently.

Also - car bed? That's a new one. And 90 minutes in the carseat is harrowing for most infants. I'll say a prayer for him. :)

SCalvert said...

This is so awesome. I am excited that Dylan is getting to come home and that Kaylan is doing so well. We are just a few doors down if you need us for ANYTHING!!!!
We love you!!!