Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

100

Day 100. Ugh. Why? Why are we still in the hospital? 100 days of driving back and forth (28 miles round trip), 100 conversations with doctors, 100 pumpings, hundreds of blogs, hundreds of tears and millions of prayers. Our blogs are starting to get redundant. I don't even know what to write anymore. I have blogger's block now. You probably don't even like reading anymore. I HATE that Kaylan just has to lay in a bed all day every day...She needs more stimulation and she needs to be home. I'm frustrated that we've had a few nurses lately that we've never had before - which seems unacceptable to me at this point. I've been told "we can't make every family happy", so he who screams the loudest, gets heard, I suppose. I don't have the energy to scream.

Please join us in continuing to petition our Lord for fast, complete and total healing for our baby girl. It's starting to feel like we are in a wrestling match with God. As our pastor said tonight, sometimes God wants to transform our lives before He blesses our circumstances. I know He's working on me (us) and He's making us wait on His timing and His plan as He continues to transform. Lord, give me patience to trust.

7 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

You can't stop blogging...I would be sad! You need some different company! We can get together anytime! I can come stay with d while y'all go to the hospital and then we can do something afterwards. Have you had a girl's night out lately?

Janet said...

Jennifer, I'm so sorry that your family is still not all together! You have been a wonderful example of having faith and trusting God. I don't blame you at all for being frustrated. My sweet baby cousin Hayden is on his 3rd week in the NICU and it's already getting old. It's extremely hard on his Mommy too. I know we all do our best to count our blessings and be grateful for what we have, but at the end of the day you just want your baby home.
You know tons of people are still praying for ya'll every day and soon she will be home with the rest of her family where she belongs.
And I would also be sad if you stopped blogging, so please don't! ;)

Unknown said...

Lord, please show Jenner and Landon that You are still in this. We know you don't forget! We know you don't "move on" to whomever screams the loudest. If you did, we would all stand up and shout louder than they did at Jericho! My heart aches for this sweet family and I wish so badly that there were ways that each of us could help...tangibly. But I know that there is nothing we can do that You can provide exponentially better. So I ask you today, right now...at 10:48am on Monday morning...let Jenner or Landon get a call from the hospital of Kaylan's progress...or let them hear something on the radio that reaffirms Your presence.

We are eager to have Kaylan with the rest of her family. If Jenner and Landon can't be at the hospital, then maybe friends can take turns going up throughout the day for touch time and give her loving stimulation. Show us how to encourage and love on these two while they wait on Your plan.

In all, we will trust You! You are sovereign, You are Creator, You are merciful, You are our Savior. We will worship You!

Amen!

AUNT KATHY said...

COME ON JENNER, YOU CAN DO IT! YOU ARE SUCH A TROOPER, AND EXAMPLE OF A SUPER MOM! YOU NEED TO SIT BACK AND REMEMBER ALL THE PROGRESS YOUR LITTLE BABIES HAVE HAD FROM A FEW MONTHS AGO...GOD DID NOT BRING THEM THIS FAR, TO FORGET IT NOW! HEALING IS THERE, AND GOD IS JUST WANTING TO TEACH YOU PATIENCE (WHICH IS NOT ONE OF MY BEST VIRTUES, EITHER)NOW, TAKE A DEEP BREATH, REGROUP, AND SAY, OK, GOD, I'M READY FOR WHATEVER YOU HAVE FOR ME NOW...I KNOW IT GETS OLD AND REPETITIOUS, BUT HANG IN THERE, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

jenna leigh said...

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
– Hebrews 10:23

Aunt Sas said...

Sweet Jennifer,

I have been reading your blog from afar and marveling at you and your husband's grace and faith in this walk you are taking now. I think of the poem "footsteps" as I read your recent posts and know that there are no words that can calm your aching heart or fill your arms with the bundle that belongs there but I know that the words of the poem are true. God carries you and you have faith that this is true because it has been evident in your story. May God give you whatever you need.... all that only He can give... the peace that surpasses all understanding.

I visited with a woman who has a son one year older than my "baby" and he attends the same high school that my son does. This young man plays Varsity football and has to be at school at 6 AM most mornings and he does not finish his day until 6 most evenings. He plays a game either at home or away every Friday night. He has two younger siblings that attend grade school in our community with schedules that shift one hour later. The family lives approximately 40 minutes away and because of the economy they have not been able to sell their house to move here and so they drive three times a day to Stansbury to taxi kids. They do this because they want a safer environment for their children. You may be asking yourself why I am telling you this. I sincerely am not trying to compare her burden to yours, there is no comparison. I am sharing a story of parental devotion and love. It never ever ends.... you are learning that with every mile you drive, with every drop you pump, with every tear you cry, with every precious smile, with every tender touch. Thank you for sharing your story. I will pray for an abundance of faith, strength and healing for you and those that you love. I will pray for miles and miles of joyous travel in years to come with your babies. I will pray for your aching heart in these torturous moments. With love, Melissa

The angels still sing... The star still shines... His love is forever.

Anonymous said...

We're all still with you - praying, crying and thanking God for the miracle that is hers and Dylan's very life!

Keep sharing with us!

Great and gracious Father, please give Jennifer and Landon renewed strength and courage thru the hope that is in them by the power of Your Holy Spirit and the love that is of Jesus Christ. Keep them and their young family well and bring Kaylan home soon.

in the name of your Son, Jesus - amen.

Hang in there!
kevin