Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hampster Cage

Because I don't have the mental energy to write a long blog, this will be short. Here's where we are. Kaylan will be in the hospital awhile longer...not really sure yet how long. She's not gaining weight. They can't discharge a baby that's not gaining weight. They've upped her calorie intake but she's not tolerating it well and she's throwing up most of what she consumes. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels in a hampster cage. They are calling her "failure to thrive" (google it). If we can't get her to consistently gain weight and keep down the volumes she's taking in, then we'll be looking at other options like coming home with a G-tube (surgerically inserted feeding tube). That's obviously not what we want, so we'd rather her stay in the hospital awhile longer and try to get over the next hump. Once she comes home, we want her to STAY home.

We're battling with the Lord every night for her. Please do the same with us. She needs the prayers. I don't want my faith to experience "failure to thrive".

5 comments:

Janet said...

I'm sorry for yet another setback for you guys. I'm still praying daily for you all.

Kathy said...

Ok, now it's my time to talk to ms. Kaylan....COME ON YOU CAN DO IT! She is such a strong fighter, and I know she's ready to be home with her family. Hang in there....PATIENCE...This will just be another testimony to add to the list...IT WILL HAPPEN...and what a celebration that day will be! I LOVE YOU, FABULOUS FARISS FOUR!

jenna leigh said...

i found this today in a daily reader from max lucado and thought of you.... xoxoxo!

“You answer us in amazing ways, God our Savior.” Psalm 65:5

In learning to depend on God, we must accept that we may not know all the answers, but we know who knows the answers.

Anonymous said...

I know this was a hard thing for you to type! Like you said, once Kaylan is home we want her to stay there, so for now the best place for her is the NICU. I will be happy to spend some time with her and tell her how I gain weight...I am a pro!
Love ya girl,
Megan

Kathy said...

I know I already wrote on here once today, but I forgot this...just keep saying....THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH... keep remembering all the GOOD things He's done to this point, and it will renew your faith...Kaylan is still a work in progress! I love you guys!