Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tap, Tap...Is this thing on?

Well here we sit on day 98 with our sweet Kaylan still in the hospital. I gotta be honest...this is REALLY getting old. She's STILL having difficulty with the bottles and STILL needing oxygen. Ugh. I have begged and pleaded with God for total healing and restoration in Kaylan. Don't get me wrong - she's overcome some massive mountains in her short life so far, but it's starting to feel like life is passing us by as she lays in the hospital each night. I'm kind of done with all of this...like, c'mon already. Let's pick things up a bit Jesus...snap, snap. Oh waiiit....yes, things aren't on my timing are they? You'd think I'd learn that by now. Well, either way, I'm thankful I serve a God that can handle my frustrations and tears, even if sometimes I do feel like He's not listening. Oops, did I just say that? Just being honest folks.

With each day that I go to the hospital, I'm more bonded to the other families that I know that have had similar experiences with babies in the NICU. You just don't understand unless you've been there. One of Landon's favorite pastors, Rob Bell (of Mars Hill Bible Church), said that people are united when they've gone through suffering. If you ask a crowded room of people to raise their hands if they've been to Disneyland, you might get some hands raised and a few smiles around the room...But ask that same crowd if they've ever had someone in their family die from cancer, or if they've lost a loved one and there's instantly a deeper connection among those with the same experiences.

So, as you continue to pray for Kaylan (as I know you are), please lift up the other 20 or so babies in the NICU at Plano Presby right now. I don't know all of the circumstances that have brought those babies to the NICU, but I know they need prayers too. I do know of two of the babies in the NICU that have recently had surgery within the last day or so....Surgery! Can you imagine the stress in those poor moms as their teeny tiny babies are operated on?! So thankful we have not had to go down that road. I hope that stays that way...forever.

My prayer for Kaylan and all NICU patients...

(Isaiah 58:8 NKJV) Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily, And your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jennifer-
I'm thankful to God that you are not a cynic by nature. You are generally a very positive person, and have remained so more consistently throughout the past year than I (or most people, I think) ever could have. But even for a positive person, this all gets old. The hospital, the lack of good news, the tubes, the medical jargon you never wanted to understand but now do (for the most part), even the encouraging words - they all grow stale when things drag on.

Lord, fill Jennifer and Landon with fresh hope and encouragement in the face of what's starting to feel like an endless journey. Put boundless joy in their hearts and energy in their bodies when none will find its way there on its own. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Unknown said...

Jenner and Landon, I so appreciate your faith and your transparency! I was reading through "A Purpose Driven Life" this morning and today's section is on how to be more "intimate" with God. It talked specifically about being HONEST with Him. There were references to Job, David, Abraham, and Paul who all cried out to God and expressed their fears, their frustrations, and even their doubts that He was even listening. All of these are considered "friends of God" in His own words. It's amazing that the Creator of the universe...and the Creator of Kaylan and Dylan...doesn't just want us to bow down and hide from Him. Instead, He wants us to cry out to Him as we would our very best friend and, through this, demonstrate our utter dependence upon and faith in Him.

We are praying for your family daily. We can not wait for the chance to get back up there and see ALL of you! If you ever just need to vent, please call! That's what big brothers are for. :-)

Gracious Father, You see the exhaustion and frustration that Jennifer and Landon are going through. We are so thankful that You have been so faithful in preserving the health of both Dylan and Kaylan and we continue to be amazed at Your creation and Your power. You have used these two tiny lives to reach others already and to create opportunities for so many to talk about You in places where we normally wouldn't.

You have a plan and we submit completely to that plan. Help Jenner and Landon to seek You through each day and give them encouragement knowing that You are in control. Please bring some small steps forward this weekend that will help them to feel Your presence like a warm blanket. Wrap Your loving arms around this family and please move Kaylan's progress forward so that she can come home with her big brother. I know he is eager to support and encourage his little sister.

In the name of our loving and merciful Savior, Jesus Christ...Amen!

Love Y'all!

Sarah Jane said...

Amen!

Susan said...

Jennifer, I will be praying that prayer with you! When she finally "gets it," she will take off at the speed I know you desire. When nurses told me this about Isabel, I didn't believe them because it wasn't happening on my timeline. But....when she finally took hold, it WAS like a light bulb went on. Think of Kaylan and know she's going as fast as she can!!! Whatever time she is taking, she needs it. I think God that she is in a place that will allow her the time she needs. I'm thinking of you all!