Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

For Such a Time as This...

Well, we've got another week of NICU in the books. And this chapter was a little more climatic at times than I would have preferred. Last Monday started rough with Kaylan's aspiration episode which lead to intubation. And here we sit on Sunday and she is still intubated. We've stayed on our knees all week for her recovery and I think she seems to be turning the corner and getting better. I've said many times that when my babies are doing good, I'm good - when they're not, I'm not (welcome to Motherhood, right?) I am planning to have a long talk with God tonight about this next week -- we need it to be a good one!

On a much lighter note, I had my first baby shower this weekend. My fabulous cousins, sisters-in-law, and aunt all hosted a beautiful shower at my mom's house. There were diaper cakes, wreaths, bottles, decorations, balloons, cake, food, flowers and gifts galore. We had so much fun playing games and oohing and aahing over all the ADORABLE clothes for Kaylan and Dylan. It's possible that my two children might just have the cutest clothes ever created...seriously. No, seriously. Cutest. Clothes. Ever. Kaylan SERIOUSLY needs to get to 1500 grams so she can start modeling her wardrobe! And Dylan....oh Dylan....he's already so cute, but he's going to be rocking some pretty sweet onesies, pants, and shoes. The best part of the shower (in my opinion), is that each guest wrote letters to Kaylan and Dylan that I will be reading to them and keeping for them to read one day. So sweet.

I'm eternally grateful for everyone's generosity and committment to pray for Kaylan and Dylan. As we sat in church this morning, I was crying and worrying about Kaylan (she was having a rough morning), and was listening as I was told that God hears every cry and holds every tear. I'm so thankful that even as I sat there (struggling to focus) in church, that God knew my heart and listened as I pleaded with Him for Kaylan's health and progress. He also hears and holds every tear of Kaylan and Dylan's. I know that God has allowed us to have this experience, in this day and age, with these babies because He has a specific purpose for our lives as well as our children's lives. He's given us all of you who support and encourage us for such a time as this. And we are blessed beyond measure to receive your love.

"And who knows, maybe you've been put in this position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14 (paraphrased)

Hope you enjoy some pictures of the weekend as well as some new ones of our little precious angels.




















3 comments:

Kathy said...

Jenner,
I am so glad you enjoyed your baby shower! It was so fun, and so fun to give! I had never been to a TWINS shower, and certainly never given one, but I thought it was great! I loved seeing the babies...They are so adorable, and sweet. God has a mighty plan for those little ones, so get ready! I hope you all have a better week, and things start taking off for Kaylan SOON! I love you, and enjoyed being with you yesterday!

Kathy

Melody said...

Too cute! Kaylan has the cutest hat, and Dylan looks awesome! What a fun looking shower. You deserve it. :-)

Andria said...

Jennifer,

I was reading today’s devotional from Streams in the Desert and I thought of you, your husband, and your precious babies.

July, 26

There are times when everything looks very dark to me – so dark that I have to wait before I have hope. Waiting WITH hope is very difficult, but true patience is expressed when we must even wait FOR hope. When we see no hint of success yet refuse to despair, when we see nothing but the darkness of night through our window yet keep the shutters open because stars may appear in the sky, and when we have an empty place in our heart yet will not allow it to be filled with anything less than God’s best – that is the greatest king of patience in the universe. It is in the story of Job in the midst of the storm, Abraham on the road to Moriah, Moses in the desert of Midian, the Son of Man in the Garden of Gethsemane. And there is no patience as strong as that which endures because we see “him who is invisible”. It is the kind of patience that waits for hope.

Dear Lord, You have made waiting beautiful and patience divine. You have taught us that Your will should be accepted, simply because it is Your will. You have revealed to us that a person may see nothing but sorrow in his cup yet still be willing to drink it because of a conviction that Your eyes see further than his own.

Father, give me Your divine power – the power of Gethsemane. Give me the strength to wait for hope – to look through the window when there are no starts. Even when my joy is gone, give me the strength to stand victoriously in the darkest night and say, “To my heavenly Father, the sun still shines.”

I will have reached the point of greatest strength once I have learned to wait for hope.

Strive to be one of the few who walk this earth with the ever present realization – every morning, noon, and night – that the unknown that people call heaven is directly behind those things that are visible.

~Andria