Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rollercoaster Ride

Did you feel that? That's the rollercoaster we are on going down a hill today. We're bound to go up from here, right? Today, our little Dylan needed a blood transfusion. As I was getting ready for my day this morning, my phone rang and it was one of the NICU doctors. (By the way, it's usually not a good thing when they call you.) I have to give them credit though....they usually start the conversation with "Mrs. Fariss, this is Dr. (insert on call doctor) and everything is okay, but...."

It was Dr. Reddy on the phone today and she said Dylan's blood count was really low and they needed to do a blood transfusion. Now seeing how Kaylan has already had THREE blood transfusions you would think that wouldn't rattle me a bit. Well, I was still a little rattled I must admit. Dylan is on full feeds right now and they told me that during the blood transfusion (which would take a total of 10 hours), they would not be able to feed him! So, now my baby boy has to have IV's stuck in him AND he doesn't get to eat?! Oh great, he's going to be in a REAL good mood today! Oh and by the way mom, you can't hold him either today! Ugh!

My mom and I headed to the hospital around 1:30 this afternoon and they hadn't started the transfusion yet, but they had already stuck him with IV's to give him fluids. Now, little did I know when I showed up that they were going to stick one of the IV's in his little head to give the transfusion. So, when I showed up, they had cut a little hole in his cap and stuck an IV in the top of his head. :( Plus, he had another IV stuck in his right hand so they could give him fluids. They give the first dose of blood over four hours, then they give him a break, and then administer the second dose over the next four hours. He should be done with all this around Midnight tonight. I'm hoping he's back to himself tomorrow and he and I can catch up on some kangarooing tomorrow afternoon! Of course, he's still super cute in his clothes now and he did have an "I love Mommy" onesie on today, so that made me feel better. :)

Miss Kaylan had a pretty good day today. Nothing new to report on her. She still weighs about the same but she was her usual active, fiesty self. The developmental therapist told me she was impressed with her "fixing and focusing" and her grasp and muscle tone. Muscle tone? Who knew you could have muscle tone at 1 lb 8 oz? She was a little fussy tonight so I'm hoping that both D and K will be happier tomorrow since it's Friday.  ;) I know I will be.

PS - Today, the babies are 32 weeks gestation. It's crazy to think I was trying to just get to 32 weeks of pregnancy....I feel like the past three weeks have been the longest of my life. I'm sure we haven't seen anything yet. Looking forward to going back up on the rollercoaster tomorrow and this weekend!






































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 3 week birthday!

PR

Unknown said...

OK, I have to say it...the reason Dylan had to have a transfusion is because that TT on his socks soaked into his blood stream. I just know that has to be it! SFA socks would be okay, as I saw a few mention they were going to give him, but if you really want good, healthy, deep maroon blood, you know what you have to do!
No really, we continue to be so amazed at God's provision. I was listening to a speaker this morning who reminded me that the "earthquakes" we go through (like Paul and Sylas) oftentimes are there to turn our focus completely on Him. I have seen this happen with you guys...and with so many of us...as a result. Thanks for providing such a Godly example and for being honest enough to share the praises and the prayers. We love y'all!

Jud, Jen, and boys

Jasie said...

OMG'sh!!! He looks so cute in his little clothes!! Sorry you had such a rough day:(. I hope today was better!! I cant wait to come see them when I get home!! Stay strong and don't forget that you don't have to do it all (though you are sooo showing the signs of a healthy, loving superwoman mamma)!! Make sure to let The Comforter (the Holy Spirit) get some work in now and then:). I love you all so much!! Still praying for the fab 4 everyday!!

Jasie