Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Massage Anyone?

Kaylan had a massage appointment today at 2:30. Well, not exactly. I went up to the hospital this afternoon to meet with the occupational therapist to learn about certain touches that Kaylan can learn to get used to and like. Right now, her little nerve endings are so sensitive and she can't really handle a lot of stimulation and touch. The few times that we have kangaroo'd her has stressed her out. So we are backing off of the holding for awhile and trying to ease her into some other touch stimulation.

I gave Kaylan some little feet, toes and hand massages today. Additionally, I rubbed her back, her forehead and hips. She loved it. She really responded well and relaxed a lot. (Who wouldn't love that, though?) Can I sign up for a little massage therapy every few hours too please? These little acts of touch allow her to know and learn my presence and associate the pleasant touches with mommy and daddy, vs the not so pleasant touches from the nurses when they are poking and sticking her with needles. She was up 1 oz today, so she's slowly inching towards 2 lbs.

Dylan is 4 lbs 8.5 oz! He's our little Baby Buckaroo (see picture below) :) He's still doing great!

Well, we've almost made it through another week...They will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. Still praising God daily for His faithfulness to us and especially Kaylan and Dylan. Praising God for each reader of this blog and every person near and far following and praying. Your encouragement and prayers are more impactful and sustaining than you know. Thank you.



3 comments:

Melody said...

Cute pic!

Jasie said...

You know it wouldn't hurt you to get yourself a massage. I know you are not even concerned at all about yourself right now, but you should take 30 min and do something relaxing...I know your mind probably won't relax but you never know!!

I'm so proud of those sweet little miracles and if you and Landon!! There will never for the rest of your life be anything that you can't believe for and make it through!! You are all amazing:)

I hope we may get to come by and see K and D tomorrow after the shower. If not, maybe the next weekend after yours.

Love you lots and I'll see you soon:)

Jasie

Vicki Hazzard said...

Jennifer, you don't know me, but I am Kim Hazzard Stroh's mom. I just wanted you to know you guys are being thought of and prayed for even by those you don't know. Your story has so touched my heart because of Kim and Nathan's situation with Blake and Owen. I think as God reveals his plans for our littlest ones we begin to see miracles all around us. I'm so happy the babies are doing so well. I pray for your and Landon's strength, both physically and spiritually. I know how long these days are for you. Hang in there, the blessings are infinite!! Vicki Hazzard