Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Running on Fumes...

Yawn. Goodness I am TIRED! I think all this back and forth to the hospital, back to work, and lack of sleep is catching up with me. Forgive me if I doze off while writing this..................................okay I'm back ;)

Good news - Kaylan's urine culture came back negative, so it appears, at least for now, her infection is gone. YAY! Praise God! She has literally been a pin cushion lately with all the IV sticks and labs they've been drawing from her. Her poor tiny body needs a break. Her main ailment right now continues to be the extra air in her tummy. The CPAP is a double edged sword, because she needs it for lung support, but it's also the cause of all this extra air in her tummy making it bloated and distended. We're just praying for relief for her and ultimately any healing that needs to take place with each and every one of her internal organs. The nurses try and keep her on her tummy a lot of the time and she really responds well to that. She always looks so compfy on her tummy. She's still holding steady at 1 lb 13.3 oz. I'm sooo ready for her to hit the 2 lb mark. It's taking FOREVER. I need to learn to be patient with her.

Little D is doing awesome...or I should say BIG D! He's now 4 lbs 6.1oz and growing strong! His feedings are now down to 45 minutes and they've lowered his oxygen level down to 2 liters. He's changing every day and I love getting to see his funny little expressions. We'll get to give him a bath on Sunday...it will be our first time to do this. So fun! (I should clarify...it's not the first time he's had a bath, but just the first time WE get to do it.  He actually gets a bath every 3 days, just like his dad.....just kidding). :)

They will be 34 weeks gestation tomorrow...6 more weeks til they are officially due. (Still hard to believe, isn't it?)

I'm feeling weary and tired and I struggle focusing my mind on my words and find myself speaking repetitive prayers to God. Thank goodness he knows my heart even if I can't speak the words eloquently. Each time I'm in the car, I've been listening to a praise CD given to us by another NICU graduate family. I've kind of gotten stuck on listening to "The Desert Song" which has a chorus that says:

All of my life, in every season, YOU are still God, I have a reason to sing. I have a reason to worship......I will rejoice. I will declare...God is my Victory and HE is here!

This is so true. In spite of everything going on, we have so much to be thankful for. Trying to stay focused on that as each day passes.......Going to bed now. Back at it again tomorrow hopefully with a fuller tank.

3 comments:

Grandma (and Grandpa) said...

Congratulation on the 34 weeks that I was praying for. God moves in mysterious ways--not always like we pray for, but always better. How wonderful it has been to see these 2 precious souls and watch them grow! Landon, you and Jennifer have been a source of strength to all of us. Stay rested so you can continue to be strong. Love those babies for us, too.

Gina said...

I've had you in my constant thoughts since you went back to work. I'm so glad you get to see them during the day. Poor little Kaylen. Glad to hear about Dylan, but I totally understand the struggle between joy and concern. Add in complete exhaustion and you are just soup.

I learned in Africa that the phrase, "I just can't take anymore" is completely meaningless. I guess you're learning that too. But still, my heart is heavy for your weariness.

Can you even imagine where you'd be without Jesus?

jenna leigh said...

I am in such awe of your continuous, unfailing love towards God. You are choosing to magnify God and although you would have not have chosen this, you are showing so many others how He provides and loves. You are showing how satisfying God is in the hard places and I admire your strength and hope.

He is leading you both towards a wonderful ministry. I pray for you all throughout the day and you are all on my heart. I will keep continuing to pray for sweet Kaylan and Dylan. For with God, nothing will be impossible.

Finally, be STRONG in the LORD and in his mighty power. –Ephesians 6:10