Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Rechargable Battery Unplugged...

We both woke up this morning completetly exhausted. I know what it is like to wake up tired, but this was a new level of tiredness. Going full speed daily for 17 hours straight…daily, over 55 consecutive days of trips back and forth to Plano, Jen getting up to pump every 3-hours for the last 35 days, trying to maintain my early morning workouts. It has finally caught up with me. I felt a level of tired that is deep into my bones and in my soul. Well, today, I have the day off (as I am scheduled to work tomorrow).  So today, my plan is to try and get some rest.

My day of resting could not start until I took care of a few chores around the house. One, being to work on the tropical jungle that is otherwise known as our yard. Now, I typically enjoy working in the yard as I usually feel as if there is something spiritual about it. (I think it might be because God instructed Adam to “work the land” in the Garden and since we are created in the image of God, then I sometimes sense a deep spiritual connection about spending time in creation and I like the feeling of satisfaction upon completion.)  Another reason I like to spend a couple of hours working the land, is it gives me a chance to think and reflect.

So as I am mowing, edging, weed-eating, etc, I kept thinking of a certain scripture that I heard from a podcast a while back. I was reflecting on probably one of the most cliché scriptures: Psalm 23 –
The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.


2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,


3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name's sake.


I was thinking of quiet waters. Still.  Serene.  Quiet.  Placid.  Water.  Our life has been nothing like quiet waters as of recently. With all that has gone on, all that is going on, I feel like we have been somewhere between Niagra Falls and the raging rapids cutting through the Grand Canyon walls. I have not laid down in green pastures let alone even stop to see what color the pastures even are. We are going constantly.

So as I worked in the yard, I was reminded that if I need my soul refreshed, I must take the time to slow down.  Unplug.  I must have more daily quiet time. I need to withdraw from the fast pace to a quiet place a little bit more. I need to breathe slower.  Breathe deeper.  I need my soul refreshed. If I don’t slow down, I am going to look back on this whole experience and only think of how hard it was as opposed to what an incredible journey God allowed us to be on. So, today, I am resting, no TV, no internet (with the exception of typing out my thoughts here), no microwave dinner-to-go, no IPOD. Just the quiet calm water and my immaculate well-manicured green lawn. My soul is being refreshed and my energy being recharged.

Oh yeah, by the way, did I mention today, Kaylan is up to TWO FREAKIN’ POUNDS!!!!!! That’s right; she doubled her body weight…where you at Dylan? Way to go Kalyan! We couldn’t be prouder!

5 comments:

Grandma said...

We're so excited for Kaylan!! We've called everyone we could think of to tell them--well, ok, JoAnn and Iva. Ha. We know y'all were hoping for that to happen on Sunday, so what a neat surprise to have it happen on Friday. Guess those good massages paid off. Keep it up. Landon said when she puts her hand up and opens her fingers, it means she is stressed. Think that, if you will, but I think she is saying, "Hi, Grandma--give me 5." Oh, I hate to tell you this, but if you think you are tired now, just wait until you get them both home. Have a happy day.

Hillary- Landon and Reagan's mommy said...

So glad you are taking time to recharge and reflect, I hope that Jen gets to do that too. It is important to take care of yourselves cause you have to be there for your sweet children. This will all be a blur once you are all home as a family unit and you will look back and wonder how did we do it? It has been 5 months since our boys came home and it seems like only a month and my husband and I speak often about how we managed to hold it together and still don't know how we did it, such a blur, literally. God works in amazing ways. Hang in there and go Kaylan go!

Gina said...

Yay for Kaylen!!!

Loved reading your contemplative thoughts, Landon. Praying for rest for you both!

Anonymous said...

Psalms 3:5

Anonymous said...

Landon and Jennifer, as I sit here in Florida with my grandchildren, I am still anxious to check on the twins' progress. I am so excited about Kaylan pushing past the two pound mark!! I am also glad you are finding some moments to sit back, reflect, recharge, and rest.
Susan Wetzel