Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Snakes on the Ground...Snakes on the Ground

Yesterday, I was leaving Plano Presbyterian hospital after Jennifer's visit. (We had just been given the news of Kaylan's growth, and it had exceeded our greatest expectations. She basically doubled in size in a 2 week period. NOTHING but a God thing, no doubt.) And as I was driving toward 121 on the very rural part of FM-544, I ran over an extremely large snake crossing the road. It was probably close to 3.5 feet long!!

And as I was still trying to sober up from receiving the incredible news about how God had just performed a miracle in our little girl, I ran over this snake. Instantly, I started thinking of Genesis 3:14:

So the Lord God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this,
Cursed are you above all livestock an all the wild animals
You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.
And I will put enmity in between you and the woman,
and between her offspring and hers; he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel."

So I started wondering if this was a sign. I wondered if Satan had something to do with Kaylan basically not growing for 6 weeks. Was God showing me that He is in total control? Was he giving me a visual that He had answered our prayers? Was He "crushing the head of the serpent" for me to see? Or was it just a random snake on the road?

And so I dismissed it rather quickly. Sort of a neat thought, but, rather silly the more I thought about it. I had just run over a snake leaving the hospital. That was it. Nothing more. Fastforward to last night. We were leaving Saltgrass after having dinner in Grapevine with Jen's parents. We were driving on Sandy Lake in Coppell and there was a truck stopped in the middle of the road up ahead. I slowed down, the truck drove off, and where they were stopped, was a large snake that they had just been run over. Now I have not seen a snake in the road since I worked in the oilfield over 10 years ago, and now, in one day, I have seen 2. Dead. Crushed. On a day that we have prayed about for 4 weeks.

I guess some people would call that coincidence. My mom calls them "God-Winks". We pray for and look forward to many more "God-Winks" to be seen on this journey.

2 comments:

Grand Dad said...

What Is Grace-In the king james bible it means graciousness,kindness,and favor.It is derived from a word that means to bend or stoop in kindness to an inferior,with the purpose of bestowing favor.This kindness is stressed with having only one motivation-AND THAT IS LOVE. Thank you God for showing our new baby grandaughter Kaylan your amazing grace and love. Grand dad

Gina said...

I've been seeing lots of things like this and I find that taking them as God-Winks has no downside. If you took it as a specific sign that you're supposed to take some kind of drastic action, that might be over-reaching, but the more I watch for and attribute occurrences in my path to Him, the more He keeps on showing me. All it does it build faith, hope and courage. And that's the business He's in, isn't it? So glad things are looking up. Love you!
Gina