Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

I do believe; Lord help me with my unbelief.

It's Saturday afternoon and this could be the last couple of nights for me in my own bed for awhile. After a visit to my (new) OB on Thurs, we learned that I could be admitted to the hospital for monitoring and bed rest as early as this coming Monday. My latest sonogram showed "intermittent absent diastolic blood flow" (Huh?)...Basically, that means the blood flow is starting to shut down for Kaylan.

I will be getting another sonogram on Monday morning at 9 a.m. Depending on what that reveals about the current level of blood flow, I will most likely head straight to the hospital...not necessarily to deliver immediately, but to monitor me VERY closely.

Even if for whatever reason they decide not to admit me, then I've still got to take it easy at home and I'm not working (at the office) anymore. I can still respond to client emails as necessary, but I won't be back in my office for a long time.

We are at an extremely critical time right now where I REALLY, REALLY need to stay pregnant as long as possible. They would like to get me to 28 weeks but we just don't know if we will be able too. If I deliver before 28 weeks, we are looking at some major, major, extreme prematurity issues, if not survival of BOTH babies. :(


Please pray for God to sustain this pregnancy to AT LEAST 28 weeks. That'd be 10 days from Monday. I'm pretty scared but I'm trying not to totally stress. My blood pressure was pretty high on Thursday, but the doctor sort of gave me a "pass" because of the situation and it was the first time I was meeting him, etc.


On a positive note, I'm seeing a new OB that will be handling the delivery. He's very conservative, thorough and gentle. I really liked him. I feel like we are going to be at the right hospital with the right doctors.

Now I'm just in wait mode until we see what the sonogram reveals on Monday. I'll be packing a bag tomorrow to plan for an extended stay at Plano Presby.

I'm so thankful for all my friends and family that have been so supportive. Landon's parents sent some beautiful flowers to cheer me up (and they did). Chelsea brought me some snacks and magazines for the hospital. Mom and Dad are letting me borrow their lap top in the hospital. What more does a girl need? ;)

It will be difficult to be in the hospital for a long time, but I'm honestly hoping that it will in fact be a LONG time. I'd like this pregnancy to be prolonged as long as possible. I will miss my bed, my own shower, going to church, and I'll miss Landon like crazy. He's my rock during all of this.

I don't understand why we've had these complications, but I'm just trying to trust and believe God still has this all under control.

"I do believe; Lord help me with my unbelief." - Mark 9:24

2 comments:

"Better Than I Deserve" said...

You know we will be praying for y'all and those sweet babies. We will specifically be praying for 28 weeks (but hopefully alot longer.) Also know that we are here if you need anything at all and I can seriously be at your beck and call during the day. We love y'all!

Victoria Gaston said...

John and I continue to keep y'all in our prayers. I hope that your stay at Presby is comfortable and that the staff is kind and nurturing. You dad keeps me updated and I check your blog for status::)) God belss you and those precious babies...
Victoria Gaston