Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 2 Evening Report: Pre-Eclampsia

Well this has been a day full of ups and downs. Our afternoon revealed that I am now officially pre-eclamptic. So, now we've got a mama concern, AND two concerns for the babies. It's the tri-fecta of problems. My doctor told me earlier that if I failed the pre eclampsia test that we would deliver tomorrow. And I failed. However, he (my doctor), spoke with our perintologist about it and they agreed that they would sit on this for at least another day. He didn't classify it as "severe" preeclampsia, but the fact of the matter is -- I have it and it's not going to get any better.

So, they've now administered the two steroid shots (which is good for the babies). We need to get through a morning sonogram tomorrow with some good news and if that looks ok then when we may have squeaked through tomorrow too. So, barring nothing totally crazy with blood pressure tonight and sono tomorrow we'll keep holding on.

It's still just a day by day thing...sometimes hour by hour. They want me to lay down a lot more....I've been in bed all day but probably have been sitting up too much.

So, now for the what you've all been waiting for...some preggo pics...Here's a couple particularly for my extended family who hasn't even seen me at ALL since being preggers. :) You're welcome...even though I hate these pictures....I'll post them. And if anyone copies this and posts it on FB, you will elevate my blood pressure so please don't do that ;)



















7 comments:

HangOnTwo said...

I do not even know what you are worried about! You look Beautiful as always! I am praying for you and your two precious little ones!

Deondra

Melissa said...

Love the pic with the suitcase by the door! You look cute!! I'm praying the sonogram goes well this morning and the blood flow is good.

Unknown said...

Hi Jen,

You look so cute in your pictures. And you're smile is so uplifting as always. Hang in there momma. Lots of prayers.

Unknown said...

You look beautiful and vibrant! Waiting patiently(-ish) for news this morning. I'm praying they can keep your blood pressure controlled, and that the babies' bloodflow stays strong. Lay down, girl! Tell the staff to call engineering and have them suspend your laptop face down from the ceiling.

Josh Engebretson said...

Hey Jenner,
I just wanted to write you a little something. I was studying today for tonight's message in youth and the deeper I got in the study the more prompted I was to write you. I just want you to know that although I haven't talked to you much I have followed you daily on what all is happening. With the emotions of attachment that I can relate to with having a child, I must say that the whole situation of distresses has gripped my heart. But Jen I'll tell ya what has moved me more than anything, is the way that I have seen God's grace anchor you keeping you close to His heart. It's a lot easier to tell people to be content and don't allow your circumstances to dictate the way you view God. But when the rubber meets the road it's a completely different situation (as you obviously know). I will leave you with this and I really hope this encourages and exhorts you to new heights. In 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 Paul is talking about this thorn in the flesh that Satan is tormenting him with. He goes on to tell us that he prayed that God would take the situation away 3 different times until God finally answered him and said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Jenner and Landon, be encouraged today that His grace is sufficient for you and for the little one's. American culture says that we must come out of weakness or find a way to get out of our circumstances to be strong, but Christ's grace says that it is in fact our weakness that we are strong. God sometimes allows us to be stripped of ourselves in the most difficult situations so that He would be glorified because it is only by His mercy that we can find strength. He obviously did not do this, and this thorn in your flesh that is tormenting you, but we know that God is always working and causing all things to work for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes. (Romans 8:28) So this is not to write you to tell you to rely on His grace because the beauty behind it all is that you have done this from day 1. Always remember Jenner and Landon, through all of these ups and downs, Jesus has been glorified in you, because you have been most satisfied in Him (even in your weakest weakness). So thank you for being that example, and continue to tap into His grace. I love you and am praying for supernatural healing. I love you guys

In Christ,
Josh

Kathy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PICS! I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU DIDN'T WANT TO POST THEM ALL OVER THE WEB! YOU LOOK DARLING, AND I CAN SEE THOSE PRECIOUS BABIES! I HOPE YOU'RE FEELING PEACE AS YOU WAIT FOR YOUR DELIVERY. YOU ARE CONSTANTLY ON MY MIND, AND IN MY PRAYERS. I KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOUR MOM, DAD, AND THE BLOG FOR ALL UPDATES! CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THOSE BABIES, EVEN THOUGH, I THINK WE NEED A FEW MORE DAYS! REMEMBER WHAT I ALWAYS TOLD YOU, 'come on you can do it' hahaha! LOVE YOU!

YOUR FAVORITE AUNT KATHY

Jasie said...

I love the pictures!! You look beautiful:). I hope I get to see you very soon...maybe this weekend! You're my hero!!! I love you!