Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Boxes...

29 weeks today! YAY! Another stable day...Blood flow was absent for Kaylan but she was very active again on the sonogram. We're still hopeful for a good outcome here.

A guy at work today asked me about how things were going with Jen, the pregnancy, and the twins. I told him about Kaylan’s lack of growth and that some of the doctors are concerned for her survival. He then said, very sincerely, “Well, the bright side is, it looks like you will get one healthy child out of this pregnancy”. And while I know he was coming from a place of good intentions and trying to say something positive, it really hurt. What parent of 2 or more kids would take a look at their children, sick, struggling for life, and say, “well, this one may not live but good thing we still have that one”. Nobody. So it is no different for us.

These are our children. They have names. They have monogrammed blankets and spit-up rags. They are prayed over by name, hourly. We see them, daily. We love them. We would do anything for them. God chose us to be their parents. He chose to bless us with this journey. So when somebody suggests one of their lives is more important than the other, it cuts to the core. It really does.

And while it stung a little when my co-worker said what he said, I know he was genuinely trying to say the right thing. He was trying to “help” by saying what he thought might help. He saw the broken pieces lying on the ground, and tried to put them back in the box. He offered me his box.

I think we do that a lot (or at least I do). We try to view life inside a box. We offer up our boxes as perspective to try to help people cope or deal with a situation. We try to help by putting life’s pieces back in the box when it looks like they are lying outside of it. (I have must have read every Google search on growth restricted babies on the internet for hopes that someone else’s box might be the same box as my box.) And when things happen too far outside our box, we offer a bigger box. But it is still a box. I know over the last 2 months, I have had so many boxes. All different sizes. And I’m fairly certain that God is trying to continue to expand my box to a point where I understand that THERE IS NO BOX for Him. He is pushing me to the point where I question there ever was a box. I am not there yet, but he is graciously smashing my boxes.



5 comments:

Jasie said...

Love it!!! In my Bible study @ church last night the lady teaching from the DVD addressed "boxes." This is what she had to say..."God is too big for your box, but he's not bothered by it. Boxes don't limit God, they limit us from expecting Him to work outside of them. Don't let your box keep you from hearing Him and expecting from Him."

The Lord's been talking to me this week about some stuff in my own life but it's true in all situations for everyone I think. I sometimes read His Word and I'm like, "Ok Lord, I believe this," and then immediately I start to make excuses for Him, or translating what He said differently just in case things don't work out. He said to me so clearly, "Jasie you either believe what I say or you don't. There's no gray area, I either mean what is written here or I don't, and I can't lie to you." Even right now, it makes me nervous to write this down but I am because I believe His word does not fail us. I can't explain any of this or why it's happening like this, but I know that His word says:


Children are a heritage of the Lord and the fruit of the womb is his reward...Psalm 127:3-5

There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren in your land. The number of your days I will fulfill. Exodus 23:26

And I will rebuke the devoured for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the feild (referring to losing children) Malachai 3:11

He settles the barren woman in her home as a HAPPY mother of children. Praise the Lord. Psalm 113:9

All we can do is continue to stand on His word and believe that He will honor it. I don't necessarily know if the Dr. is right or wrong, but I know His word is the truth, so if they are right we have to muster all of our faith and believe that by the stripes on the body of Jesus and by His blood poured out for grace to a world with a natural tendancy to sin, Kaylan is healed (Isaiah 53).

So I guess He knows we all have "boxes". My guess is that if we are going to have them, the best thing we can do is make sure that His infalable word is somehere in the box. It's the only real thing that matters because it's the one thing that will last forever!!

Love you both as usual and I'll see you soon:)

Jasie

Jasie

DAD said...

Right now youre faith is being pushed to the limit.However,when these children are growing into young adults you will reflect back on all of this to show youre children the foundation youre faith was built on.With age your faith and wisdom will be a part of you that you will pass on to these twins.They will hear the story of all the hardships of this pregancy and how God brought you through all of this.This will convey your faith on to them that they will in turn pass on to their children.And just think-It all started with the problems you are struggling with right now.Kinda strange how life works isnt it? I refuse to believe the negative things the dr. has to say about any of this.I know that God has these twins planned for youre life because he knows that these children will be raised for his glory.Just continue to keep trusting in Him,and I KNOW He will prevail. I love you guys-DAD

Jasie said...

Just a few more little things to address fear:

...Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. 2 Cor 10:5

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me says the Lord. Isaiah 54:17

When you lie down you will not be afraid. You shall lie down, and your sleep will be sweet. Prov 3:24

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7

K, that's all:)

Jasie said...

Just a few more little things to address fear:

...Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. 2 Cor 10:5

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me says the Lord. Isaiah 54:17

When you lie down you will not be afraid. You shall lie down, and your sleep will be sweet. Prov 3:24

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7

K, that's all:)

Cara Anderson said...

Sweet Landon-Don't let what others say bring you down. After we lost Ansley people would say the dumbest things to me. They just don't know what to say or how to say it.
Hang in there man and keep the Faith. God will provide all that you need and His grace is sufficient!