Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Nurse Named Sue

Happy Thursday people! The babies will be one week old tomorrow...and oh what a week it has been! Praise God! I was able to spend the morning at the hospital from around  9 - Noonish because of the generosity of a friend who dropped me off and picked me back up. Thank you Kim Johnson - AKA, Preston's mommy (he's the 4 year old who prays for Kaylan and Dylan regularly). 

I enjoyed my time with them this morning. They have a great nurse today. Her name is Sue. She's really sweet and takes great care of them. Today, she wanted to change their bedding so I sort of got to hold each of them inside their isolets. I stuck my arms in the cubby holes and held them up while she changed out the bedding. This was the FIRST time I've ever held each of them. It was awesome and I can't wait to hold them close and kiss them. Of course, they were so light weight and I felt like I was going to break them. So, thank you Nurse Sue for letting me do this today! I loved it. I'm still blown away at the miracles that they are. I know God must have some big plans for them. Landon surprised me on his lunch break and came to the hospital for Dylan's "touch time." He handled the diaper. We've got to get him to change Kaylan at some point! :) 

Please continue to pray for Kaylan. Doctors say she has air in her tummy and that it needs to pass through before they can start feeding her milk again. She's basically stopped up. So, dare I say...please pray for a poopy diaper? It is what it is. 

Overall, both babies are still stable and doing well. Katie, Landon's sister, is coming in tonight to meet them for the first time. We'll be heading to the hospital this evening to visit. I'm excited for her to meet them. 

Sorry about the no blog, blog last night. I think we are both a little bit emotionally and physically drained right now. We continue to pray without ceasing though! We ask that you do the same on their behalf.

He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ!
Philippians 1:6  


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie, I am so thrilled that you had a good day with your babies! I would love to be your driver...you tell me when and where and I will be there! Praying for your sweet angels!

Love,
Megan

Melody said...

Praying for poopy dipes is one of the first "joys" of parenthood. Welcome! We were practically giddy every time Noah pooped for like the first month of his life. Poor thing. It's a good thing they don't remember that. :-) love yall! Prayin for poop!

Anonymous said...

Landon, I got to see some more of the pics of the babies. Your mom was showing them off last night. So sweet! Who would have thought a poopie diaper would be a prayer request? I totally understand! You will find parenthood in all forms brings prayer requests you would never have imagined before! Prayers for stength for all of you as well. In Christ, Susan Wetzel

Anonymous said...

Dear Lord,
Please send poopy diapers.
Amen :)

Kathy said...

Happy 1 wk. old birthday to all of you! The best is yet to come!

I love ya'll!

Kathy