Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Guess who got to hold Kaylan today!?

Today was a GREAT day for mama! We showed up to the hospital today about 1 p.m. to spend the afternoon with our little angels. The nurse told me she needed to change out Kaylan's bed (they change their beds every week), and while she was doing that she needed me to hold Kaylan. :) So, for about 15 minutes today, I got to hold Kaylan...for the FIRST time! Yet another reminder that God hears our crys and prayers. I hadn't even said anything to any of the nurses about how I hadn't got to hold her yet...and here I walk in today and they ask me to hold her! God is so loving! He heard my meltdowns over the past few days and blessed me with this gift today. I needed it so much and I can't wait until the next time!

Kaylan is up to 1 lb 6.6 oz...Go Kaylan...Go Kaylan....Dylan is 3 lbs 2 oz and about 80 grams away from being able to wear clothes. Yippie! Kaylan's infection seems to be clearing up and she's feeling better. What a great end to a long week!

I'm ready to take on Week 3. Here's a few pictures from today of me holding Kaylan plus a couple of other cute ones.
 
 
 





6 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful suprise for you today! I know you were excited...She looks soooo tiny...They both alike in the face, to me! The little twince and twincess...They were even wearing their crowns! I'm happy for you. I pray you all have a wonderful, peaceful, week! Love to you all!

Kathy

Tianay said...

I am one of those strangers following your story from a far (friend of Patrick and Chelsea). I am encouraged by the fight of your little ones and your faith. Keep up the good fight. A passage came to mind today..Psalm 121.."I lift up my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip--He who watches over you will not slumber...." Prayers flowing for all of you.

Jasie said...

So happy for you...special day indeed!!! You look so pretty in those pictures:). I love you so much!! I'll see you when I get back from LA!

Jasie

Hillary- Landon and Reagan's mommy said...

My goodness, what a great day it was for you! Yes, He does listen to your crys and prayers and just when you think you can't take it anymore he answers them. I know first hand how hard it was for you not to be able to hold your little girl, I wasn't able to hold Landon for almost 3 weeks and Reagan for almost a month and when I finally was able to I completely lost it and was overcome with such happiness and cried out with tears of joy. I can tell you had the same feelings by that bright smile and glow you had in your photos. Amazing! Hope you are healing well and getting a little rest. Hang in there, before you know it you will ALL be home and you won't know what day it is and what baby you fed or changed last. Twins are awesome!

Lorelei said...

Congrats on holding your baby girl! You're absolutely beaming in those pictures. What a wonderful surprise! Your babies are beautiful. I'm praying for their strength and growth as well as continued strength for Mommy and Daddy. Hang in there. You guys are doing awesome.

Kim Stroh said...

sweet friend...I am so proud of you! The NICU was the hardest for me (over bed rest). I remember a sweet nurse telling me that she had her daughter in the NICU for 11 months. And that it seemed so overwhelming at the time, but once she got her home...it was all a distant memory. I couldn't fathom that...but it is so true! Soon you will be home with your sweet babies. This will all be a thing of the past. One day at a time...Praying for you guys!!!