Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Two Weeks Down...

Tomorrow will have been 2 weeks that Jen has been in the hospital. Two weeks that I have driven (at least one time) every day to the hospital in Plano. Two weeks that I have eaten food out of a bag or a microwave. Two weeks since I have slept in the same place for 2-straight nights. Two weeks since I have had a normal routine. It has been a very draining 2 weeks for me, but I will take it. In fact, I would love nothing more than to be doing the same thing for at least another month.

And while I may have had a bit of a rough last couple of weeks, it is nothing compared to what Jen is going through. At least I get to leave the hospital, she can’t. I go to work, she doesn’t. I get to go be around our church family and worship, she isn’t able to. I can go outside, she hasn’t in a fortnight. (and yes, I just did use the very underrated word – fortnight)

But I am sure we would both agree that when we see those babies on the sonogram, kicking, playing, chilling, it makes it all worth it. It makes it all worth it to know that they are in the best possible place right now. They are getting so much medical attention and monitoring, there is no place in the world that I would rather them be. I am so proud of all 3 of them!

As Jen mentioned in an earlier post, we are in a series at church entitled Faith AND Doubt. Our pastor talked today about a woman who was an outsider that came to Jesus because she had a sick child. (Mathew 15:21-28) Jesus 1st said he did not come to help her (she wasn't a Jew), then, he likened her to a dog (real Christlike, huh?) but still she had faith in Him. She was one of only 2 people that is considered to have had “Great Faith” in all the gospels.

It hit home for several reasons, but one in particular; her perseverance. When you have a sick child, you don’t care who you offend (the woman violated all sorts of cultural customs for that day), you don’t care how many times you have to ask for healing. Even when I feel offended by God, I have to have the humility to press through. We have to have the perseverance to continue to ask for a miracle. We have to..it’s all we’ve got.

Kaylan needs healing. She needs to grow. They both need to stay in the womb for a lot longer. Doctors think she has a fatal chromosomal disease. So I ask anyone reading this blog to pray the prayer that this woman prayed…”Help me Jesus!” (Matt 25:15) Please pray this simple prayer on behalf of our twins.

Here’s to 2 weeks down 4 more to go!!! Help us Jesus!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Doing it, Landon! What can we do on this end to help you???

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Landon and Jenn,
I spent my morning walk in fervent prayer instead of listening to my radio. It was a peaceful time. As I was walking, I thought of Landon's perseverance. Remember the video we have of Landon trying to shoot the basketball on the goal in front of our house when he was younger? Talk about perseverance!! You shot and shot and shot and when most would have given up, you never gave up until you finally started making it. Then I came back and read this blog, and I know that perseverance is definitely a quality you have and maybe one your babies have, too. Y'all have a great day!!
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

HELP ME JESUS!

Love ya!
Megan

Anonymous said...

According to the counter at the bottom of this blog there has been over 1300 people view this.There are certainly a lot of people praying for you guys-And Im one of them.Good luck tomorrow on the sono. Love you Dad