Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 12

Today was the 12th day in the hospital for our babies. I've gone every day, twice a day since they were born. In the past two weeks, I haven't been able to drive. I'm so thankful for all those who have sacrificed their time and gas tanks to take me back and forth. I'll be going to the doctor tomorrow for my 2 week check up and will hopefully be approved to drive again. Woo hoo! Watch out people on 121! This mama hasn't driven in over a month!  

As expected, there will be good days and bad days for Dylan and Kaylan. While I wouldn't call today a bad day, I would say it was not great. Doctors are concerned that Kaylan has an infection. Her white blood cell count was very elevated which is an apparent indicator of infection. They drew blood cultures on her, however they will not know the results of that for 48 hours. Rather than waiting 48 hours, they went ahead and started her on some antibiotics. They will administer another dose at 18 hours and a 3rd dose at 36 hours. If the cultures show that she does not have an infection, they will stop the antibiotics and attribute the elevated white blood cells to stress. On a positive note, she seems to be having more regular um, err....poops. Yeah that's right...poops. Go Kaylan! Also, they increased her feedings to two cc's instead of 1.5 She appears to be tolerating the feeds well so far. Kaylan was not her usual wirey, fiesty self today. I am concerned that she might have the suspected infection just because she was so lathargic today.

As for Dylan, he threw up three times tonight. They lowered his feedings back down to 20 cc's and are feeding him slower now. Both babies are on back up respirators to help them with their bradys (episodes of stopped breathing). Dylan could have gotten sick because of the extra air in his tummy from the back up respirator. The doctors did an x-ray on his tummy but it came back fine. Praise the Lord! I did spend two hours kangarooing my sweet little Dylan today. We took a nice 2 hour nap together. I love holding him. Can't wait to hold Kaylan when she's ready.

I think I'm finding that when they have a good day, then I have a good day. When they don't, I don't. It's hard for me to see Kaylan not being herself and seeing sweet little Dylan spit up all his food. I know these things are bound to happen, but right now, it's hard for me process all the beeping monitors and heel pricks, labs, cultures and x-rays. So, when you pray for Dylan and Kaylan tonight, please say a prayer for their mommy too. I know it's probably harder for me watching it than it is for them.

Still trusting His plan and His faithfulness. Thanks for lifting up our family.
Jennifer

6 comments:

Gina said...

Your endurance levels are being stretched so much! And the good thing is, they'll never go back to their normal dimensions. You will never be a person who sweats the small stuff after this!

Mother Teresa said, "I know God won't give me more than I can handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much."

Is there anything I can do to relieve even a little bit of your load? I can come down and do some cleaning. Or pray with you. Call me anytime.

Also, I still want to go with you one morning to meet the babies.

Kathy said...

We are still praying for all of you! Your mommy insticts have kicked in...You hurt for the babies, and that's what parents do! It makes me think of how much God loved His son, yet He gave Him, so we may have everlasting life. I remember when Josh was born, I kept thinking about how much God must love us...It's amazing how all our priorities change when we become parents. You never realized you could love something or someone as much as your children. I'm glad you get to visit with them so much. I know you can't wait to get them both home, and start being a little family. That time will come! Hang in there! I love you!

Kathy

Tanya Morales said...

I thought about your little ones last night and lifted them up in prayer.

Tanya

Anonymous said...

Jenna sent your blog to me and i want you to know we are praying for you! My neice was born 14 weeks early, 1lb 9oz, and 11" long. That was 7 years ago! Today she is a bouncing 7 year old that loves to play outside. Hang in there and lean on Him and the family and friends (and strangers) He has placed in your life!

Unknown said...

Praying for you, Jenner. And for Landon, Dylan, and Kaylan. Just know your sweet family is being lifted up into His loving hands daily by so many. We love you...Jud, Jen, and the boys.

Lynn said...

You are in "Mommy Mode" right now and many days are ahead when you will want to "fix" everything for your precious ones. We are praying for better, stronger, uneventful days ahead with nothing but kangaroo snuggles and sweet times with Dylan and Kaylan.

Love you!