Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Pampers Pro...

Today was a fantastic day! It was Jen's final full day in the hospital as she will be getting discharged at some point tomorrow. She has not been outside in 21 days so, although it will be hard to leave here empty handed, it will be nice for her to be free from this place!

Today, I changed my first diaper...EVER! I was terrified to even try because the babies are SO small, but our nurse, who by the way is so awesome, encouraged me to give it a shot. She told me I could do it and walked me through it. I choked about half way through and started to tense-up, she helped finish it up. But later, I went back and tried it again, and I nailed it.






















Not only did I master the art of changing the diaper, both babies were doing rather well. They have both lost weight since their birth, however, the nurse told me tonight that is a good thing. So after about 7-days of either losing weight or no gain, they should start to take off. We are excited about their daily reports, especially when the news is pretty good. Kaylan had an X-ray this morning and the doctor said he did not see anything that looked to be a cause for concern. Praise God for that.


Another reason this day was so great was the visitors! OMG, we had so many people come to see us and our little angels. Today, Dylan and Kaylan met their Spear One family, their Nissan family, some of their church family, and more of their family-family! Not only have we had an incredible amount of people already come up here or send their support in other ways, but today, I got to show off the fruits of so many of their diligent prayers. I was so excited to show off both babies. Most people had never seen a 1-pound baby, and everyone seemed to agree that Dylan was going to grow to be a huge monster. He has the biggest feet. And you know what they say about men who have big feet??? (They wear big shoes - c'mon what were you thinking?)

We want to thank everyone that has shown support to us. Every blog comment, every visit, every text message, every Facebook note, every email, every gift sent, every letter in the mail, all the way to every prayer said mean so much to us and has really sustained us over the past few weeks. We know that the road ahead is very long, bumpy and unpredictable, but for now, we want to say thanks!! Please be in prayer for us tomorrow as we have to say a temporary good bye to our sweet babies. We spent some sweet time this evening praying over their little cubbies. I'm sure there will be many more hours spent in prayer over these little ones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lan and Jen,
So proud of your efforts to diaper your little one. As I was walking this morning, I was singing to them, "Rock-a-By, Baby" and, boy, the last part sounded almost cruel--when the bough breaks, the cradle will fall and down will come Dylan, etc. So, I wrote a different ending--if the bough breaks then Jesus is there, and He will protect them in His loving care." Does that sound better?? Sing to them often. If God likes to hear our songs, you KNOW those babies will too. I've been praying for peace for you both as Jenn leaves the hospital. Drive very safely--remember, you have a new mother riding with you. Love, Mom

Unknown said...

I like the new "Rock-a-by Baby" ending. I've never sung that to my children because the ending is so harsh, but I may use the new one. We also don't play ring-around-the-rosy. Yikes.

Landon and Jen, thank you guys for faithfully keeping up with the blog and posting pictures. Thank you for inviting us into this battle, journey (whatever you want to call it, depending on the day you're having) with you. I think I've said it before, but I can't say it enough: it has been, and continues to be an honor to have witnessed the growth of Dylan and Kaylan, and of you guys as two of the strongest parents I've known. I love you guys, and I can't wait to get to visit Dylan and Kaylan in person!

Anonymous said...

Spear One loves Dylan and Kaylan!!!