Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Children our a heritage from the Lord!

Happy hump day! Tomorrow will be 29 weeks! Praise God! Overall, we had good, stable reports all the way around today....flow was good and Kaylan was very active on the sonogram, as was Dylan.

My best friend Melissa came to visit today, along with another friend of ours, Lainey. Melissa and I have been friends since the fourth grade - TWENTY YEARS! Whoa! Aren't I too young to have been friends with someone that long? We've been through a lot together - laughing, crying, praying, fun, and maybe a little bit of trouble...just once though. ;) Lainey, who also visited, is such an encouragement to me. She had twin boys almost two years ago and went through many of the same struggles that we are facing right now -- bedrest at 27 weeks, pre-mature delivery at 30 weeks, doctor concerns about diseases, chromosomes, etc. Her beautiful precious boys (Grady and Grayson) are the light of her and husband's life and to see how they've grown into healthy little boys is truly an inspiration. Lainey brought one of the preemie diapers that Grayson had from the hospital and I could NOT believe how small it was. I didn't know they made diapers that tiny. Amazing. She shared pictures of them early on and it was really special for me to have a snapshot into their journey. 

As we continue to walk this daily battle, I tend to be really self-focused on our situation and our babies. I want to take this time ask for prayers for some other children that we know. The first, is our niece McKenna. She just turned 1 years old last week and today, doctors discovered she has a heart murmer. We're not sure the severity or seriousness of this diagnosis just yet, but regardless, I would ask that you include her in your prayers. Please pray for peace for her mom and dad (Patrick and Chelsea Fariss).

The second child is our pastor's 11 year old son Skyler. He's been diagnosed with bacterial meningits and has been in the hospital for well over a week. I believe the general prognosis is good, however, he is still really struggling with high fevers, nausea, and headaches like you wouldn't believe. Please pray for this illness to leave his body so he can be restored to healthy 11 year old again. 

Finally, I would ask that you lift up each and every baby in the NICU here at this hospital. It's a 45 bed hospital and I'm sure they are pretty full right now. I don't know any of the statuses nor do I even personally know what babies are in the NICU right now, but I do know there are lots of mommies and daddies pacing the halls and waiting on phone calls hourly to hear how their little ones are doing. God bless the nurses and doctors that our managing their care at all times. What a special calling they have!

Well, this post is getting a little bit long, so I'll leave you with one more story tonight about a little boy we know....(the theme tonight is all about KIDS. Can you tell?)

This evening, as Landon and I were talking about our day, my hospital room phone rang. It was a little boy on the other end of the line.

"Miss Jennifer?"

Me: "Yes?"

"Hi, this is Preston." Preston is the 4 year old son of some friends of ours - Kirk and Kim Johnson. We talked for a few minutes and then he said "I want to pray for Kaylan."  He then proceeded to say the sweetest little prayer over the phone for Kaylan asking Jesus to make her grow big and strong. It was so precious and sweet and innocent and I was just reminded that God hears Preston's prayers loud and clear for Kaylan just like he hears mine and everyone else's who lifts these babies up on a daily basis.

As I listened to his simple words, "Jesus, just make her grow big and strong", it was a reminder as I'm searching for all the right words and the things to say to God, that we just need to have a childlike faith and come to Him with a pure heart. The right words don't matter - he knows our hearts and he even hears our cries as prayers.

Matthew 18:3 (New International Version)
"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Here's a couple of pictures of the gifts that Melissa and Lainey brought today. The cowboy blankets are from Lainey, monogrammed burp cloths from Melissa and the other two blankets are from another friend of mine, Jennifer Putman. I LOVE all of them!!! :)





6 comments:

Hillary- Landon and Reagan's mommy said...

So glad you and Melissa are still friends, the best kind of friendships are those from childhood. I am still bestfriends with Kristin Lowman and I am in Cali and her New York. I go to bed tonight with prayers for you!


P.s. Love the cowboy blankets!

"Better Than I Deserve" said...

Thanks so much for the prayers Aunt Jen and Uncle L! We love y'all and are praying for you on an hourly basis. I LOVE the Preston story. SO cute. It really does remind us that the simplest and sweetest prayers are being heard. XO
~Chels

Kim Johnson said...

I'm touched and teary right now. I read Preston your blog and he smiled. I showed him baby Kaylan's sonogram and the picture of the babies in your belly. He loved that. We'll try to stop by next week so he can say hi to the babies in person (in the belly we sure pray) Love to you...

Melissa said...

Preston seems to have that child like faith that God calls all of us to have. Thanks for sharing!!

SOOO glad I got to see you again PREGNANT! I'm amazed at your upbeat positive attitude and know it comes from your faith.

20 years of friendship, how are we that old?!

Anonymous said...

Cute little blankets, cute little burp cloths, good friends, old friends, but most of all, the little boy who has the child like faith...We just need to remember to keep it simple...As children, we believe anything our parents tell us..We never doubt, but just beleive what they promise us..We just wait for it to happen...I think that's the lesson to be learned here...Our Father has told you He was going to give you healthy babies, so now, just believe it...He already knows all the details, so all you need to pray is to have two healthy babies...KEEP IT SIMPLE...God knows what to do to make that happen! I'm glad you had a good day, and I'm amazed at how many people have "hit" the blog...These babies are already testimonies, and not even here yet! They have already changed so many hearts and lives...I know your lives will forever be changed...Hang in there, the best is yet to come!

Kathy said...

That was my comment above...I guess I forgot to sign my name...This is from YOUR FAVORITE AUNT KATHY!