Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Discharge Day

Today was a little tough. I was discharged from the hospital around 12:30. We headed down to the NICU to say a temporary goodbye to Kaylan and Dylan. Tears were flowing but the nurses were so sweet and consoling. We had a brief meeting with one of the Neonatologists who gave us "status" checks on both babies. They obviously have a long road ahead, but they are stable and each day is a victory. The biggest moment today was when the doctor told us that Kaylan's chromosome test came back NORMAL!! PRAISE GOD!! I completely lost it when she said that. NO TRISOMY!!! This was HUGE for us to hear on the day we were leaving and it was just what we needed. 


As we're already discovering on this journey, even when there's good news, there may be other set backs along the way. Kaylan needed a blood transfusion this morning because her blood count was low. Apparently this is pretty "routine" (um, it's not routine to ME so it scared me to death!), but she's responding well to the donor blood, and I'm sure she'll need more transfusions throughout the course of her stay. Doctors ran a head scan on her earlier this afternoon to see if there was any bleeding in the brain....Again, this test came back NORMAL! Another PRAISE! We are on our knees battling for these babies and God has been and continues to be FAITHFUL! 


Dylan came off of his photo therapy lights today (sun tanning bed as I call it). His coloring is looking better and he's starting to respond better to the milk feeds. Keep rockin' Dylan! 


With Father's Day approaching this weekend, we're hoping that maybe we can hold one of them for the first time. I would LOVE for Landon to be able to hold one or both babies on that special day. He's already an awesome daddy. He's so diligent to pray for them and over their little beds each night. He did another diaper change today on Dylan so he's getting to be a pro now. 


Once we got home this afternoon, I got to see their nursery furniture for the FIRST time! It was delivered to the house while I was on bed rest at the hospital. It's so beautiful and I can't wait to put everything all together (yes, when I'm feeling better MOM, I know...) 


My mom came over and dropped off ALL the gifts we've received during the past few weeks and she brought food and took care of us this afternoon. It was awesome. At about 6:30 this evening, we decided to go back to the hospital to see the babies. We just had to go back. We prayed again over them and spent some more time just staring at them. It's been an emotional day today (the first of many, I'm sure), but I really did sense God's presence with me all day and carrying us through this. 


We will continue to trust. Thank you for the continued prayers. Here's a list of nurses that have managed Dylan and Kaylan's care so far. If you think of it, please pray for these nurses and doctors by name and ask God to give them extra blessings and wisdom as they manage their care as well as other babies in the NICU. I'm sure this list will grow. 


Nurses:
Darla
Janell
Lolita
Rebecca (she has twins AND she's a Red Raider alum - we LOVE her)
Sue 


Doctors:
Dr. Santiago
Dr. Ratner
Dr. Reddy 


PS Praise on Skyler Seidman - for those of you following updates on Skyler, he's being sent home tomorrow! Woo hoo! He's been feeling better and was in the hospital for 16 days (I can relate, buddy). 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought I would check your blog one last time to see if you posted anything about the babies and your day today! So glad I did!!!
WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS ON KAYLAN!!! I am so happy for y'all!
Garrett got 2 transfusions while in the NICU - one right after the other and they did countless head CTs for Brain bleeds. So glad her 1st came back ok!
Hang in there-your Faith is amazing! I hope you have a GREAT NIGHT'S REST IN YOUR OWN BED! Ahhh, best ever!
(Oh and if no one warned you, night sweats after twins can be brutal!!) :) Meredith

Anonymous said...

Praise God for all Kaylan's test coming back normal! YIPPIE! I pray that you both are able to rest well tonight!

Love,
Megan

Hillary- Landon and Reagan's mommy said...

Priase God for the great news you recieved today! Go Kaylan and Dylan!

My sweet Reagan had 4 blood tranfusions and each time I was scared and sat right next to him holding his tiny little hand, it was awesome what a difference each transfusions made!

Hang in there and rest up!

Sending many prayers for your healing and your twins' healing!

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord! Such wonderful news. I can't imagine how hard it must be to leave the hospital without them. As Landon said, they're exactly where they need to be right now, but the sooner they're in your arms, the better. They've overcome so much already. I'm praying for no more complications, and that the weeks until they come home pass quickly.
Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Landon and Sis -
What a huge blessing about the news you guys received yesterday. We continue to be amazed at the miracles that continue to happen. I am so thankful for you two and for the Godly leadership you are already giving these little ones. As they get a chance, one day, to read back over this Blog, they will see "Faith in Action" at its best. We often talk to those around us about having faith, but it's the tough times when we are able to walk the talk and demonstrate faith. (Don't worry...not putting you guys on the dreaded pedastal here...I know neither of you are perfect! ha!) Thanks, though, for allowing so many of us to share in your walk.

We are praying today for you, Dylan, the Twincess, the nurses and doctors. May His name be glorified daily through the efforts of these individuals and the ongoing improvement of my niece and nephew. I wish I could go up there and touch them daily, but I'll just stay down here and touch them with prayer.

Love you all! Uncle Jud (See Landon...I didn't put "Uncle Aggie"...THIS time!)

Jill said...

Jennifer,

I had no idea you were going through this until Megan posted your blog link for Ashley. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Jill Ruckman Mousa