Welcome

THIS IS THE REAL LIFE DOCUMENTARY OF....

Faith and Fear...

Trust and Doubt...

Ups and Downs...

A God that still performs miracles...

A 1-pound baby girl and 3-pound baby boy...

This is our story; this is our life.

**************************************

In the race of life, God our heavenly Father has come alongside us through the person of the Holy Spirit. And

~when we think we can't go one more step,

~when the race becomes painful beyond endurance,

~when our hearts feel heavy,

~when our minds become dull,

~when our spirits are burned out,

we have the comforter who comes alongside us, puts His everlasting arms around us, and gently walks with us.

Friday, June 18, 2010

In His Hands...
















I have been thinking a lot today about this picture.  We took it last night as it was the 1st day that either of has gotten to "hold" the babies.  Kaylan was so sweet and just loved having the bright bili-lights off her for a few minutes. 

But this picture really had me thinking.  I don't want to speak for God, but at this time, I think this is the perfect example of how we are to Him.  He has us in His hands.  He is holding us.  He looks at us with all our junk, all our "wires, tubes, and monitors".  And while all we see is the uncomfortableness of these wires that are bothering us, He sees the big picture.  He knows that we are going through all this crap to "grow" us and get us to a better place.  He knows it is for our own good.

I wish so bad Kaylan and Dylan could understand that they are hooked up to all these things for there own good.  I wish I could communicate some how that we are allowing them to go through this pain because we love them.  We love them so much that we are willing to do anything for them to get them better, even if they may have to endure some temporary pain. 

My prayer today is for the continued growth and strength of these babies.  But I also want to thank God for letting me endure this "incubator" of life that I feel like I have been in over the last few months.  I know I am in His hands and He truly wants the best for me, just as we do for Kaylan and Dylan. 

Matthew 21:16
'From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise'

8 comments:

Hillary- Landon and Reagan's mommy said...

She is absolutely beautiful! They are Angels from God!

Anonymous said...

From Grandma Maco
I could be wrong but I THINK she's looking for Grandma. How sweet! Notice her little hand is not as big as Landon's thumb from the knuckle. What a knitter God is!!

MereMoore said...

So glad you guys are doing so well. I am so grateful that you got to "hold" them-what a blessing...I can't wait til you do get to snuggle them up!!!!
Enjoy your time with your sister-in-law this weekend, too.
Always praying for your 2 miracles...

Anonymous said...

What a precious picture! I love you so much and I am praying for you all the time.

Love,
Meggy-Weggy

Jill Mathews Willis said...

What a perfect image of God holding us in His hands. Someday your sweet babies will ask you questions about their time in the hospital, and you will have amazing stories for them. You're doing such a good job documenting it all. I'm still praying without ceasing for the babies to continue to gain strength & for you to have peace and rest. Try to rest - you are going to need it! :)

Gina said...

I cannot wait to meet these little ones! Can I take you to the hospital on Monday to see them?

Amanda said...

I don't know you or our family, but I want you to know I am praying for you. This time last year I was nearly in your exact situation. I was carrying twins, one of which had growth problems and was checked into the hospital at 23 weeks. I was told many things by the doctors about what would happen to my little guy, but only God knew his outcome. After a lot of prayers, bedrest and monitoring my babies were bown at 34 weeks. Reece was 2.12 and jason was 5.2. Mine were a little bidder than your sweet babies, but want you to know that despite all of the hard times and troubles it does get easier and with time the premature gap will close. Your on my heart and in my prayers. Best wishes to your family and the new additions!

Unknown said...

Ah.. what a touching story. I'm so glad you shared and that your little ones survived their rough arrival. God Bless.